All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
About this product
- DescriptionSuccessful Study is an essential guide for students embarking upon an education related Foundation Degree without previous study experience. The world of study at university can be a daunting and bewildering place for new students unfamiliar with the academic processes such as writing essays and presenting portfolios. This book offers clear and straight-forward explanations of how to prepare for study, how to work at higher education level and how to tackle assignments. Covering all aspects of educational study, and based on the experiences of real education professionals, this new edition has been fully updated to include: * Clear links to work-based practices throughout * Advice for students with disability * Guidance on using e-resources * Tips for managing your learning and increasing motivation * How to think critically * Reflective practice With case studies, tasks and opportunities for reflection, this accessible book has been specifically designed for those on Teaching Assistant, Early Years or related Foundation Degrees and will be an essential resource for those wanting to find the answers to study questions quickly and easily.
- Author BiographyChristine Ritchie has worked in education for over 40 years, first as a teacher and then in further education since 2000. She has been a Programme Director for Foundation Degrees and so has direct experience of working with mature students in their first encounters with higher education. Paul Thomas has worked with students in higher education as a study tutor for a number of years. The experience gained working one-to-one has enabled Paul to identify the difficulties students face when encountering academic study for the first time.
- Author(s)Christine Ritchie,Paul Thomas
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication05/12/2013
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note17 black & white illustrations, 52 black & white tables, 17 black & white line drawings
- Weight317 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.