Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionSchool placements can be anxious and uncertain experiences for trainee teachers, and even for those with previous classroom experience a new school environment can be intimidating. This book is full of invaluable advice and practical suggestions that will help trainees prepare for, enjoy and make the most of this experience. It deals with the full range of issues, from finding out about the placement school to managing difficult behaviour on placement. This second edition is linked to the 2007 Standards for QTS and reflects recent documents and initiatives.
- Author BiographyJane Medwell taught in primary schools in Cardiff and South Devon, before moving into teacher education. She has lectured at the Universities of Cardiff, Plymouth and the College of St Mark and St John, and is currently Director of Teacher Education and Associate Professor at the University of Warwick. Her research and writing has covered areas such as the teaching of writing and the use of electronic books to teach reading. More recently she has begun a major research programme exploring the teaching of handwriting, and has begun a unique programme of teacher education in primary Modern Foreign Languages. She is fluent in French and Russian, and is learning Chinese.
- Author(s)Jane A. Medwell
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication24/04/2007
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Series TitleAchieving QTS Practical Handbooks Series
- Place of PublicationExeter
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLearning Matters Ltd
- Out-of-print date05/01/2015
- Content Note5 illustrations
- Weight323 g
- Width171 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.