All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTourism is the world's second largest industry employing on an average one out of twenty adult men and women world-wide and the ratio is one out of ten when it comes to the developed countries like USA. The growing ranks of international leisure travellers are being influenced by business travellers who, are flooding into India as a result of ecomic liberalisation. It is thus imperative that our professional tourism corps be trained to meet these exacting requirements. Both in public and private sectors, the increasing understanding of these needs is leading to the development of institutes, training centres and academic programmes in tourism management. There is thus a great need for comprehensive professional literature. This two-volume series volume tells readers all that they want to kw about tourism -- its history, networks and intricate operations. Volume Two discusses in detail how different tourism sectors operate and market themselves -- travel agencies, tour operators, hotels, restaurants, airlines -- as well as the impact of changing techlogy on their activities.
- Author BiographyPran Nath Seth has a career spanning over five decades promoting and teaching tourism world-wide. He joined the Department of Tourism, Government of India in 1958 when it was first created in India. Pran Seth was one of the pioneers in this field and worked as Deputy Director General for two and half decades in the Department and later as a consultant to the Indian travel industry. Internationally, he represented India at UNWTO and Pacific Asia Travel Association in key positions. He was Secretary General of two of the PATH international conferences held in India. On his retirement from the Government in 1981, Pran Seth served as an Adviser to Travel Agents Association of India. On the academic side, he was appointed the Director of postgraduate studies in Tourism in the University of Delhi and worked in this capacity for 5 years.
- Author(s)Pran Nath Seth
- PublisherSterling Publishers Pvt.Ltd
- Date of Publication01/12/2006
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintSterling Publishers Pvt.Ltd
- Content Notetables & charts
- Weight428 g
- Width215 mm
- Height140 mm
- Spine24 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.34New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $20.05New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.85Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.