All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSuccessfully Doing Business/Marketing in Eastern Europe is a unique collection of instructive and detailed essays that will help readers to understand and navigate the complexities of the business world and marketplace of Eastern Europe. The respected authors in this collection seamlessly blend sophisticated analysis and practical advice to enlighten the reader to the peculiarities of consumer behavior, industry policy, and the ecomic and social demographics in the region. These informative essays are further complemented by a number of in-depth case studies that demonstrate the difficulties and potentials for success faced by any business person looking to trade in Eastern European markets. For students, educators, entrepreneurs, and business people everywhere, Successfully Doing Business/Marketing in Eastern Europe is an essential resource and guidebook to understanding and profiting in this unique and often unpredictable region.
- Author BiographyDr.V.H. (Manek) Kirpalani is a widely recognized authority in the field of international business and marketing. He is currently a member of the Marketing Department,College of Business (AACSB accredited), Bloomsburg University, Pennsylvania, where he is Director of the Centre for International Business Education and Research. He is Distinguished Visiting Professor at the Helsinki School of Economics ( AACSB accredited), Distinguished Visiting Professor at the Faculty of Management, University of Warsaw, Distinguished International Visiting Professor at Leon Kozminski Academy of Entrepreneurship and Management, Warsaw (EQUIS accredited), Distinguished Professor at the University of the West Indies, and Distinguished Professor Emeritus of Marketing and International Business at Concordia University (AACSB accredited). Dr. Kirpalani has a B.A. Honours and a M.A. from Oxford University, England and a Doctorate from University of Montreal (HEC, AACSB accredited)). He was a member of the Board of Directors of the American Marketing Association (38,000 members) for four years, and Vice-President and Head of their Global Marketing Division. Further he was a Governor, Vice-President, and is now a Distinguished Fellow of the Academy of Marketing Science (one of 40). Dr. Lechoslaw Garbarski is a Professor of Marketing at the Department of Market and Marketing at Warsaw School of Economics (SGH) and Department of Marketing at Kozminski Business School (WSPiZ), Poland. He is a specialist in marketing, strategic marketing, marketing research and consumer behavior. He is an author of more than 150 publications; most of them was published in textbooks, monographs, scientific journals, conferences materials in Poland and abroad. The most important books published by Dr. Garbarski are: Marketing (1992)- co-authored, Understanding Customer (1994), Marketing Management of Small Firms (1998)- co-authored, Customer Behavior (1998), Marketing, Marketing: Turning Point of Modern Firm (2001)-co-authored, Marketing Strategies (2004) - co-authored, and Marketing Effectiveness (2004)- co-authored. For many years he has served as a business consultant and took part in top management training programs. Some of his recent consulting clients have been Auchan, Renault, Infor, DaimlerChrysler, BMW, Vattenffal and many others. Dr. Erdener Kaynak is a Professor of Marketing and Chair of Marketing Department at the School of Business Administration, The Pennsylvania State University at Harrisburg (AACSB Accredited). He holds a B.Econ. degree from Istanbul University; M.A. degree in Marketing from University of Lancaster (AACSB Accredited), United Kingdom; and a Ph.D in Marketing Management from Cranfield University (AACSB Accredited). Because of his continuous contribution to international marketing literature and editing prominent scholarly marketing journals, he was awarded with an honorary D.Sc. degree in Economics from Turku School of Economics and Business Administration in 1995. Executive Editor of International Business Press (IBP) and Editor-in-Chief of The Haworth Book Series in International Business, The Haworth Press Inc., he edits the Journal of Global Marketing, the Journal of International Consumer Marketing, the Journal of Teaching in International Business, Journal of International Food and Agribusiness Marketing, Journal of Euro-marketing, and the Journal of East-West Business--all published by The Haworth Press Inc. Director and Executive Vice President of International Management Development Association, he has organized a total of 17 international business congresses under the auspices of the IMDA. First time Penn State University recipient of four The J. William Fulbright Senior Specialist Fellowships: University of Botswana, Botswana 2002; Kyrgyz-Turkish Manas University, Kyrgyz Republic 2004; National University of Management, Cambodia 2005; and International Black Sea University, Georgia 2006.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication08/12/2008
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleRoutledge Studies in International Business and the World Economy
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 46
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRoutledge Member of the Taylor and Francis Group
- Content Note21 black & white illustrations, 30 black & white tables, 8 black & white halftones, 13 black & white line drawings
- Weight453 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byErdener Kaynak,Lechoslaw Garbarski,V. H. Kirpalani
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.51Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.