All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionThe all-new Succinct Pediatrics takes a very direct and practical approach to the concerns paediatricians face on a daily basis. It features a heavy focus on the evaluation and management process of pediatric care, and the process by which physicians come to the various clinical decisions they make. This attention on medical decision-making as well as featured 'Levels of Evidence' which rate the various treatment courses, further integrates the practice of evidence-based medicine into daily care. Intended for paediatricians, family doctors, and pediatric nurses, the contents include: * Common Problems in General Pediatric Practice: abdominal pain; asthma; ADHD; back pain; breastfeeding; chest pain; colic; diarrhoea; dysuria; ear pain; eye problems; fever; fluids and electrolytes; gastrointestinal bleeding; immunisations and vaccinations; joint and extremity pain; nutrition; rashes; and much more. * Critical Care and Emergencies: acute bleeding; anaphylaxis, uriticaria, and angioedema; animal bites; burns and thermal injury; child maltreatment; diabetic ketoacidosis; drowning; electrical injury; epistaxis; heart failure; infantile botulism; malignant hyperthermia; pleural effusion; poisoning; respiratory distress and apea; rhabdomyolysis; sepsis; shock; trauma care and assessment of injury; and traumatic brain injury.
- Author BiographyLeonard G. Feld, MD, PhD, MMM, FAAP is the Professor and Sara H. Bissell & Howard C. Bissell Endowed Chair in Pediatrics, Senior Medical Director and Senior Academic Chair of the Pediatric Specialties Care Division of Carolinas HealthCare System's Medical Group, and Chief Medical Officer at the Levine Children's Hospital at Carolinas HealthCare System in Charlotte, North Carolina, and Clinical Professor of Pediatrics at UNC School of Medicine.John D. Mahan, MD, FAAP is Professor of Pediatrics at the Ohio State University College of Medicine where he is also Assistant Dean for Faculty Development, Vice Chairman for Education in the Department of Pediatrics, Program Director for the Pediatric Residency Program and Program Director for the Pediatric Nephrology Fellowship Program at Nationwide Children's Hospital.
- Author(s)John D. Mahan,Leonard G. Feld
- PublisherAmerican Academy of Pediatrics
- Date of Publication30/11/2015
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationElk Grove Village, Chicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican Academy of Pediatrics
- Weight1089 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine38 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.