Succulent Container Gardens: Design Eye-Catching Displays with 350 Easy-Care Plants by Debra Lee Baldwin (Hardback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $41.09Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $44.48+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith their colorful leaves, sculptural shapes, and simple care, succulents are beautiful yet forgiving plants for pots. If grown in containers, these dry-climate jewels - which include but are t limited to cacti - can be brought indoors in winter and so can thrive anywhere in the world. In this inspiring compendium, the popular author of Designing with Succulents provides everything beginners and experienced gardeners need to kw to create stunning container displays of exceptionally waterwise plants. The extensive palette includes delicate sedums, frilly echeverias, cascading senecios, edgy agaves, and fat-trunked beaucarneas, to name just a few. Easy-to-follow, expert tips explain soil mixes, overwintering, propagation, and more. Define your individual style as you effectively combine patterns, colors, textures, and forms. Discover how top designers interpret the dramatic options, in ideas ranging from exquisite plant-and-pot combinations to extraordinary topiaries and bonsai. Expand your repertoire with plump-leaved plants that resemble pebbles, stars, and undersea creatures. Short on space? Create vertical gardens and hanging baskets, and use daisy-like rosettes in wall displays. Each of the more than 300 photographs offers an inspiring idea. A-to-Z descriptions cover 350 of the best succulents, plus companion plants. Whether your goal is a gorgeous potted garden for a sunny windowsill or outdoor living area - or simply making great gifts - this is a comprehensive primer for creating vibrant, living works of art.
- Author BiographyDebra Lee Baldwin is an award-winning writer and editor based in Southern California. Throughout her 18-year career, she has authored an inspirational biography, and has written hundreds of feature articles and columns about architecture, homes, gardens, landscaping and interior design, and people who have made significant contributions to our culture. Debra has won awards from the Garden Writers Association of America, the Society of Professional Journalists, and the San Diego Press Club, and has appeared on national television. Her own garden has been featured in Sunset, Better Homes and Gardens, and San Diego Home/Garden Lifestyles magazines, with the focus on her use of succulents in the landscape and steep slope design solutions. Debra is also a photojournalist and watercolor artist and has freelanced regularly for Sunset magazine since 1994. She writes for Coastal Living, San Diego Home/Garden Lifestyles, the San Diego Union-Tribune, Decor & Style, Heirloom Gardener, and Better Homes and Gardens Special Interest. Born and raised in San Diego County, Debra attended United States International University and graduated magna cum laude with a B.A. in English literature.
- Author(s)Debra Lee Baldwin
- PublisherTimber Press
- Date of Publication15/01/2010
- Place of PublicationPortland, OR
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTimber Press
- Content Note320 color photos
- Weight875 g
- Width194 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine22 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.