All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMost botanical gardens include succulents in their collections; few are devoted solely to them. In Succulent Paradise, the reader is taken on a verbal and visual tour of twelve exceptional succulent gardens. See how a handful of landscaping and horticultural visionaries have juxtaposed indigeus and exotic plants with a blend of natural and created landscaping elements. Experience the impact and style of gardens in locations as diverse as steeply terraced Mediterranean cliffs, dusty Karoo plains, Mexico City's metropolis, California's canyons, and the red desert of Arizona. The authors have visited gardens around the world dedicated to the display, cultivation and propagation of succulent plants. In Succulent Paradise, they have expressed their love of these tenacious, yet surprisingly glamorous, plants as well as appreciation for those whose vision and persistence has created abundance, promoted conservation, and left a legacy for future generations.
- Author BiographyProf. Gideon F. Smith is Chief Director: Biosystematics Research and Biodiversity Collections at the SA National Biodiversity Institute. He is involved in various national and international environmental associations and advisory committees. His interests are in the biology and classification of succulent plants, as well as landscaping and horticulture. South Africa's most prolific author on succulent plants, he has authored or co-authored +-40 books, and more than 500 research and popular papers, mostly on succulents. Dr Estrela Figueiredo is a research associate at Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University in Port Elizabeth and the University of Coimbra in Portugal. Her interests are in the African flora, plant classification, sustainable gardening, and landscaping. She has authored or co-authored books on aloes, ferns and Angolan flora.
- Author(s)Estrela Figueiredo,Gideon F. Smith
- PublisherStruik Publishers (Pty) Ltd
- Date of Publication01/08/2013
- Place of PublicationCape Town
- Country of PublicationSouth Africa
- ImprintStruik Lifestyle
- Content NoteFull-colour photographs
- Weight722 g
- Width200 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsWith flaps
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.