All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionThe world's leading authority on jazz and popular song, Benny Green was a prolific writer whose material spanned every aspect of the musical arts. As an insider who knew and worked with most of his subjects, Benny wrote from a matchless personal perspective. Now, for the first time, previously unpublished writing joins sleevetes and live reviews, books and obituaries in a unique collection put together by his son, Dominic, following Benny Green's death in 1998. Included in SUCH SWEET THUNDER are discussions on the great songwriters and leading jazz singers; the role of jazz in musicals; the leading jazz musicians. From Ella Fitzgerald to Frank Sinatra, Irving Berlin to Rodgers and Hammerstein, SUCH SWEET THUNDER is essential reading for all music fans.
- Author BiographyDominic Green is a guitarist and writer. He has worked with Benny Green, John Dankworth, Burt Bacharach, Elvis Costello, Dionne Warwick and the JTQ. The author of the biography Benny Green: Words and Music, he lives in London.
- Author(s)Benny Green
- PublisherSimon & Schuster Ltd
- Date of Publication04/11/2002
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight412 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Volume editorDominic Green
- Foreword byElvis Costello
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.