Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionIncludes poems about cancer that offer an insight into a taboo subject. This book is intended for cancer patients, their partners, children, friends, GPs, carers and their consultants.
- Author BiographyJulia Darling lived in Newcastle upon Tyne from 1980 until her death in 2005. She began her writing career as a poet and worked with a performance group, The Poetry Virgins, for many years 'taking poetry to the places that least expected it.' In 1998 her first novel 'Crocodile Soup' was published by Anchor at Transworld; it went on to be published in Canada, Australia, Europe and the States and was long-listed for the Orange Prize. Her later novel 'The Taxi Driver's Daughter' was published by Penguin, and long-listed for the Man Booker Prize, and short-listed for the Encore Award. She also wrote many plays for stage and radio, including 'Posties' for Radio Four's Women's Hour and 'Manifesto For The New City' for Northern Stage. In 2003 she published her first solo collection of poems called 'Sudden Collapses In Public Places' with Arc Publications. This was a Poetry Book Society Recommendation. She was an Associate Fellow for the Royal Literary Fund and wrote in a room in the English School at the University of Newcastle. In 2003 she became the second winner of the Northern Rock Foundation Writer's Award, the UK's most valuable literary prize. She died just before the launch of 'The Poetry Cure', the anthology she edited with Cynthia Fuller for Bloodaxe, and whilst still revising her novel 'A Cure For Dying'.
- Author(s)Julia Darling
- PublisherArc Publications
- Date of Publication01/10/2003
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationLancs
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintArc Publications
- Weight95 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine4 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.