All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis authoritative survey of east Suffolk includes some of England's most beautiful landscapes, including Constable Country, the land surrounding the River Stour that was home to John Constable. East Suffolk's rural landscape includes a variety of intriguing medieval buildings: brick and timber-framed houses, stunning churches, and the grand castles of Orford and Framlingham. Additionally, Suffolk's coast is home to a number of charming resorts, as well as the Viking ship burial site at Sutton Hoo. This volume also includes the town of Ipswich, where medieval buildings are situated alongside Norman Foster's offices for Willis Faber, one of the major works of 20th-century British architecture.
- Author BiographyJames Bettley is a fellow of the Society of Antiquaries and chairman of the Chelmsford Diocesan Committee for the Care of Churches. He is the author of Essex (Buildings of England).
- Author(s)James Bettley
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication07/04/2015
- Series TitlePevsner Architectural Guides: Buildings of England
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note120 color illus.
- Weight799 g
- Width120 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.