All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe 'Fusus al-Hikam' is ackwledged to be a summary statement of the sufi metaphysics of the 'Greatest Master', Ibn 'Arabi (d.1240). It is also recognised that the 'Fusus' is a work of great complexity both in its ideas and its style; and, over the centuries, numerous commentaries have been written on it. Each of the chapters of the 'Fusus' is dedicated to a Qur'anic prophet with whom a particular 'wisdom' is associated. In 'Sufi Metaphysics and Qur'anic Prophets: Ibn 'Arabi's Thought and Method in the Fusus al-Hikam ', Ronald Nettler examines ten chapters from the 'Fusus' which exemplify the ideas, method and perspective of the entire work. Concentrating on a detailed analysis of the text, the author brings out the profound connection and integration of scripture and metaphysics in the world-view of Ibn 'Arabi. 'Sufi Metaphysics and Qur'anic Prophets' serves t only as an explication of Ibn 'Arabi's thought in the 'Fusus', but is also a great aid in the overall understanding of Ibn 'Arabi's thought.
- Author BiographyRonald L. Nettler is university research lecturer in Oriental Studies, Oxford University, and fellow and tutor in Oriental Studies at Mansfield College, Oxford.
- Author(s)Ronald L. Nettler
- PublisherThe Islamic Texts Society
- Date of Publication01/12/2002
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe Islamic Texts Society
- Weight386 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.