Suicidal Behavior of Immigrants and Ethnic Minorities in Europe by Hogrefe Publishing (Hardback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $52.96Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $56.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLeading experts examine suicidal behavior and its prevention in immigrants and their descendants - the fastest expanding proportion of the population in many European countries. Nearly half of the inhabitants of several large European cities, such as London, Berlin, or Amsterdam, and a rising proportion of many countries' overall population, are immigrants or from an ethnic mirity. However, this fact has been understudied in research and prevention of suicidal behavior. This volume addresses this gap. Leading experts describe rates and risk factors of suicidal behavior among immigrants and ethnic mirities, looking at high-risk groups such as female immigrants and refugees, as well as examining the role of cultural factors. They also show how epidemiology, theory, and other research findings can be translated into solid prevention and treatment programs.
- Author BiographyDiana D. van Bergen is Assistant Professor of intercultural education and works at the Department of Pedagogy and Educational Sciences, University of Groningen, The Netherlands. Her academic interests and scientific publications focus of female immigrants and suicidal behavior as well as suicidal behavior among sexual minority youth, using a sociocultural perspective. Amanda Heredia Montesinos is a clinical psychologist and works at Charite University Medicine in Berlin, Germany, and in her practice for psychotherapy. She is specialized in cognitive and dialectic behavioral therapy, and her main research focus is on mental health and suicidal behavior among immigrants, women's issues, and human rights. Meryam Schouler-Ocak is Assistant Professor at Charite, the University Psychiatric Clinic at St. Hedwig's Hospital in Berlin, Germany, and a specialist for psychiatry and psychotherapy. She is the Chair of the Cultural Psychiatry Section of the EPA, Chair of the Cross - cultural Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Migration Section of the German Association for Psychiatry, Psychotherapy, and Psychosomatic (DGPPN), and the President of the German-Turkish Association for Psychiatry, Psychotherapy, and Psychosocial Health (DTGPP).
- PublisherHogrefe Publishing
- Date of Publication08/09/2014
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintHogrefe Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight431 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byAmanda Heredia Montesinos,Diana van Bergen,Meryam Schouler-Ocak
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.46
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $91.12
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.02
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.