All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs girls, Nel and Sula shared each other's discoveries and dreams in the poor black mid-West of their childhood. Then Sula ran away to live her dreams and Nel got married. Ten years later Sula returns and one, least of all Nel, trusts her. SULA is the story of the fear that makes people accept self-pity; the fear that will t countenance escape and that justifies itself through myth and legend. Sula herself is cast as a witch and demon by the people who resent her strength. They attack her with the most pervasive weapon of all, the weapon of language and story. But Sula is a woman of power, a wayward force who challenges the smallness of a world that tries to hold her down.
- Author BiographyToni Morrison was awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1993. She is the author of nine novels, including The Bluest Eye, Beloved, and most recently, A Mercy and has received the National Book Critic's Circle Award and a Pulitzer Prize. She is Robert F. Goheen Professor at Princeton University.
- Author(s)Toni Morrison
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication07/05/1998
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight141 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.62
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.81
- AU $56.19Trending at AU $59.41
- AU $21.81Trending at AU $24.79
- AU $15.99Trending at AU $21.19
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $20.66
- AU $28.14Trending at AU $28.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.