All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe sulphate-reducing bacteria (SRB) are a large group of anaerobic organisms that play an important role in many biogeochemical processes. Not only are they of early origins in the development of the biosphere, but their mechanisms of energy metabolism shed light on the limits of life processes in the absence of oxygen. They are widely distributed in nature, and are regular components of engineered systems including, for example, petroleum reservoirs and oil production facilities. SRB are currently subject to extensive gemic studies, which are yielding fresh understanding of their basic biochemical mechanisms, and aiding in the development of vel techniques for the analyses of their environmental roles. This volume provides a timely update on these important microorganisms, from basic science to applications, and will therefore serve as a valuable resource for researchers and graduate students in the fields of microbial ecology, microbial physiology, bioengineering, biogeochemistry and related areas of environmental science.
- Author BiographyLarry L. Barton is a Professor in the Department of Biology at the University of New Mexico. W. Allan Hamilton is Professor Emeritus of Microbiology at the University of Aberdeen.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication31/05/2007
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note57 b/w illus. 4 colour illus. 38 tables
- Weight980 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Edited byLarry L. Barton,W. Allan Hamilton
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $22.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.44New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.