All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe procedures of summary judgment as well as other preclusive devices have been hailed by many as an effective solution to the current overload facing American courts. In addition to promising speed, these alternative methods also contribute to reduced legal and court costs. Freedman presents a comprehensive discussion of the major preclusive legal mechanisms, amply supported by relevant case law and decisions. The author t only describes the use of such devices in detail but also indicates the circumstances under which such actions are most likely to be successful. Following an introduction, Freedman presents an in-depth treatment of the motion for summary judgment and adjudication without trial. A general chapter on accelerated judgments is followed by a detailed description of the declaratory judgment. Subsequent chapters explore the uses of various preclusive techniques including provisional remedies, requests for admission and other time-saving devices, intervention and interpleader, release-dismissal and settlement agreements, bifurcation, and the summary jury trial. A separate chapter is devoted to the preclusive doctrines of res judicata and collateral estoppel, while the concluding chapter discusses court sanctions for npreclusion. Taken as a whole, this is a cogent, well-documented exploration of the use of preclusive methods in contemporary litigation.
- Author BiographyWARREN FREEDMAN was formerly Counsel and Assistant Secretary for Bristol-Myers Co. Among his previous books are Foreign Plantiffs in Products Liability Actions, Frivolous Lawsuits and Frivolous Defenses, Federal Statutes on Environmental Protection, The Right of Privacy in the Computer Age, and Professional Sports and Antitrust, all published by Quorum Books.
- Author(s)Warren Freedman
- Date of Publication06/11/1989
- SubjectNational Law: Professional
- Place of PublicationSanta Barbara, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintQuorum Books,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight485 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
The 8-Week Blood Sugar Diet: Lose Weight Fast and Reprogramme Your Body for Life by Michael Mosley (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $19.43New
- AU $7.82Used
- AU $21.30New
Women Who Run with Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype by Clarissa Pinkola Estes (Paperback, 1996)
- AU $14.09New
- AU $6.50Used
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $23.80New
- AU $11.17Used
- AU $20.04New
- AU $32.17New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.86Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $40.04Trending at AU $43.83
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.54
- AU $19.74Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $58.25Trending at AU $62.59
- AU $101.89Trending at AU $118.99
- AU $62.84Trending at AU $78.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.