All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the author of When Audrey Met Alice comes a sweeping middle grade vel about a city girl forced to spend her summer in North Carolina, where she becomes involved in a centuries-old mystery, turning her once boring vacation into an adventure she never could have imagined. Nell Dare expected to spend her summer vacation hanging out with her friends in New York City. That is, until her botanist mom dragged her all the way to Roake Island for a research trip. To make matters worse, her father suddenly and mysteriously leaves town, leaving explanation or clues as to where he went or why. While Nell misses the city and her dad a ton, it doesn t take long for her to become enthralled with the mysteries of Roake and its lost colony. And when Nell meets Ambrose an equally curious historical reenactor they start exploring for clues as to what really happened to the lost colonists. As Nell and Ambrose s discoveries of tantalizing evidence mount, mysterious things begin to happen like artifacts disappearing. And someone or something is keeping watch over their quest for answers. It looks like Nell will get the adventurous summer she was hoping for, and she will discover secrets t only about Roake, but about herself.
- Author(s)Rebecca Behrens
- Date of Publication24/05/2016
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight386 g
- Width140 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.