All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSteeped in naval history and courtly intrigue, this fast-paced historical vel tells the true story of a dangerous sea voyage from Britain's tumultuous Georgian past.When Admiral George Anson sets off to circumnavigate the globe in search of treasure and prestige, he leaves his mistress to fend for herself in the dangerous court of George II. In the years that follow, the lovers each face life-changing journeys: one filled with mutiny, storms and unimaginable treasure, the other with gossip, love and the battle for true friendship. While daring escapades play out at sea, the exotic Donna Consuelo and her witty, outspoken ward Grace Lively must navigate the tumultuous world of court back home.Written by a relative of George Anson and inspired by real diaries, Summer's Grace draws its inspiration from the true story of George Anson's heroic and controversial 1740 expedition around the world, which brought home the biggest prize in naval history.
- Author BiographyVanessa Hannam was a journalist for the Sunday Telegraph, the Observer and Harper's for many years. She is the author of five previous novels and lives on the Isle of Wight and in London.
- Author(s)Vanessa Hannam
- PublisherQuartet Books
- Date of Publication30/11/2016
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintQuartet Books
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $30.89New
- AU $71.58New
- AU $78.99New
- AU $49.08New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.46Trending at AU $30.89
- AU $12.20Trending at AU $16.32
- AU $76.70Trending at AU $78.99
- AU $10.69Trending at AU $16.76
- AU $74.55Trending at AU $82.83
- AU $10.79Trending at AU $18.62
- AU $22.29Trending at AU $22.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.