All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionWhen poet Andrew Greig was asked by Scottish mountaineer Mal Duff to join his ascent of the Mustagh Tower in the Karakoram Himalayas, he had a poor head for heights and climbing experience whatsoever. The result is this unique book. Summit Fever has been loved by climbers and literary critics alike for its refreshing candour, wit, insight and the haunting beauty of its writing. Much more than a book about climbing, it celebrates the risk, joy and adventure of being alive.
- Author BiographyAndrew Greig was born and brought up in Scotland. He has published many collections of poetry, including Men on Ice (Canongate) and two novels, Electric Brae (Canongate), which was short-listed for the MacVitie's Prize and received a Scottish Arts Council Award, and The Return of John MacNab (Headline), which topped the Scottish best-seller list in 1996. He took part in a number of Himalayan expeditions and from his experiences wrote Summit Fever (Hutchinson) and Kingdoms of Experience (Hutchinson).
- Author(s)Andrew Greig
- PublisherCanongate Books Ltd
- Date of Publication10/11/2005
- SubjectWalking / Hiking & Activity Maps & Guides
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCanongate Books Ltd
- Content Notecol. Illustrations, ports.
- Weight301 g
- Width131 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Introduction byJoe Simpson
- Edition StatementMain
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.