All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Hawai'i and elsewhere in the tropics, the change in seasons often goes unticed. Sun and Rain will help children recognize and appreciate the seasons in Hawai'i by calling attention to subtle details in the world around them. Color photographs vividly illustrating plants, animals, and weather patterns make the book suitable for young children, while older ones will find the clear, simple text engaging and instructive. A section for parents and teachers includes ideas on sharing the book with children of different ages. This title features photography by Jeff Reese, David Boynton, Ron Dahlquist, Moku Kaaloa, Melissa Kim Mosher, and others.
- Author BiographyStephanie Feeney is professor of education emerita in the Department of Curriculum Studies, University of Hawai'i. She is the author of three popular children's books about Hawai'i: A is for Aloha, Hawaii is a Rainbow, and Sand to Sea. She has also written extensively about the field of early childhood education.
- Author(s)Stephanie Feeney
- PublisherUniversity of Hawai'i Press
- Date of Publication15/02/2008
- SubjectPre-school & Early Learning
- Series TitleA Latitude 20 Book
- Place of PublicationHonolulu, HI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Hawai'i Press
- Content Note80 colour illustrations
- Weight367 g
- Width203 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.