CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Sunday and John Reed purchased Heide, w the site of Heide Museum of Modern Art, it was a neglected former dairy farm. At the end of their lives, it was unique among Melbourne's parklands, densely forested with exotic and native flora, with a stunningly beautiful cottage-style kitchen garden the jewel in its crown - in all, an extraordinary aesthetic accomplishment, the result of fifty years of vision, dedication and sheer hard work. The Reeds moulded Heide into a personal Eden, connecting art with nature and creating a urishing environment for the artists they championed - Sidney Nolan, Albert Tucker, Joy Hester, Charles Blackman and Mirka Mora among them. Sunday's Garden explores the growing of Heide, and in doing so fully restores the Heide garden into the literature surrounding this inspiring site, its creators and the makers of its myths.
- Author BiographyLesley Harding joined Heide Museum of Modern Art as curator in 2005. She has held curatorial positions at the Arts Centre, Melbourne and National Art School, Sydney, and regularly publishes and lectures on modernist and contemporary Australian art. Her work has appeared in Art and Australia, Art Monthly Australia, Artlink and Meanjin, and in 2009 she co-authored Cubism & Australian Art with Sue Cramer, for the Miegunyah Press imprint of Melbourne University Publishing. Kendrah Morgan has been a curator at Heide Museum of Modern Art, Melbourne since 2003. Her previous position was Assistant Curator, New Zealand and International Art, at Auckland Art Gallery, New Zealand, from 1998-2002. Before then she worked in the commercial gallery sector and lectured in art history, with a focus on Italian Renaissance and Baroque art and architecture.
- Author(s)Kendrah Morgan,Lesley Harding
- PublisherMelbourne University Press
- Date of Publication02/09/2013
- Place of PublicationCarlton
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2013
- ImprintThe Miegunyah Press
- Out-of-print date30/01/2017
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight780 g
- Width152 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.