All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs a former county player, Andrew Murtagh is often asked, 'who is the best batsman you have ever played with or against?' His answer is always unequivocal - 'Richards.' And then comes the inevitable rider - 'Barry, that is, t Viv.' It is a travesty that the cricket world has largely forgotten Barry Richards - a cricketing genius. Debuting for South Africa in 1970, his run-scoring, technique and audacious, extravagant strokeplay took the breath away. A glittering international career beckoned. However, the apartheid storm burst, and Richards had played his first and last Test series. Consigned to plying his trade for Hampshire, Natal and South Australia, Richards became increasingly frustrated and disenchanted with the game he had loved. Following retirement, personal tragedy and professional controversy continued to stalk him, though he has w come to an uneasy acceptance that he will be forever kwn as the genius lost to Test cricket.
- Author BiographyAndrew Murtagh's first book, A Remarkable Man: The Story of George Chesterton, was short-listed for the MCC Cricket Society Book of the Year - for which award Touched by Greatness, his biography of Tom Graveney, was long-listed. All-rounder Andrew played for Hampshire in the 1970s, and subsequently became an English teacher at Malvern College.
- Author(s)Andrew Murtagh
- PublisherPitch Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication15/06/2016
- SubjectBiography: Sport
- Place of PublicationHove
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPitch Publishing Ltd
- Content NoteSeparate photo section
- Weight408 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine33 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.87
- AU $23.22Trending at AU $28.84
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.93
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.31
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $50.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.