All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThere's thing like a kck on the door at 3:00 a.m. to change your life forever. Gus Moore discovers how true this is when his ex-girlfriend blows in on an icy January night just long eugh to dump his problem on the couch. From languid single slob to competent single parent, Gus's metamorphosis over the next six years is remarkable. All is going swimmingly for Gus and his son, Sam, until two women complicate their lives: Sarah, with whom Gus has an unsatisfactory friends-with-benefits relationship, and Maureen, his son's bipolar mother, who has decided she wants back into her child's life. Maureen's illness is a subtextual presence that eventually steers the course of the vel. Refreshingly, Gus does t have the stereotypical Mr. Mom awkwardness of being a single parent (although he does outsource the Jesus stuff to the mother across the street), and there is predictable happy couple works it out ending.
- Author BiographyMelodie Starkey has been writing fiction since childhood, but unfortunately took thirty years to learn how to type. She received her BA in English from the University of California, Davis. Her YA novel, A View from the Closet Doorway, won the 2008 Southwest Writer's award for best book in its genre. Her short stories have appeared in several literary magazines and an anthology of Southern writers titled Inheritance. She was a recipient of the 1993 South Carolina Fiction Writer's Project award, and received a writing grant from the Illinois Arts Council for a novel in progress. Currently she lives in Aurora, Illinois and works in Chicago for an international law firm. She has three children, six cats, two psychotic dogs, and a mouse problem.
- Author(s)Melodie Starkey
- Date of Publication24/11/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight322 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.00
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $16.69
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.66
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.43
- AU $52.03Trending at AU $60.92
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.