Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $19.31Free postage
- AU $21.45Free postage
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.00Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionSunny Vale Pleasure Gardens, near Brighouse, was the Belle Vue or Alton Towers of West Yorkshire. It opened as a garden in 1880 but with the inclusion of amusements in 1883 it became a hugely popular venue for sunday strollers, local sunday school groups and day trippers from around the rth of England for the next seventy-five years. With boating lakes, train and fairground rides, fireworks, a helter-skelter and, of course, beautiful gardens, in its heyday it attracted over 100,000 visitors a year. Its tearooms alone would regularly serve more than 4,000 customers a day. The author, an expert on Sunny Vale, has collected images and memories of the attraction over many years. His regular slideshows on the attraction are well-kwn in the area. This collection of more than 180 images, complemented by detailed captions and reminiscences of the Gardens throughout their long history, will delight all who remember visiting as a child and provide a fascinating insight into this vanished, but t-forgotten, institution.
- Author BiographyChris Helme is an expert on the Gardens; he regularly presents slideshows on the attraction. His previous books include Brighouse and District (2005).
- Author(s)Christopher Helme
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication15/04/2007
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Series TitleImages of England
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTempus Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteapprox 200
- Weight400 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.