All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Yellowstone super-volca nearly wiped out the human race. Now, almost a year after the eruption, the survivors seem determined to finish the job. Communities wage war on each other, gangs of cannibals roam the countryside, and what little government survived the eruption has collapsed completely. The ham radio has gone silent. Sickness, cold, and starvation are the survivors' constant companions. When it becomes apparent that their home is longer safe and adults are t facing the stark realities, Alex and Darla must create a community that can survive the ongoing disaster, an almost impossible task requiring even more guts and more smarts than ever -- and unthinkable sacrifice. If they fail ...they, their loved ones, and the few remaining survivors will perish. This epic finale has the heart of Ashfall, the action of Ashen Winter, and a depth all its own, examining questions of responsibility and bravery, civilization and society, illuminated by the story of an unshakable love that transcends a post-apocalyptic world and even life itself.
- Author BiographyMike Mullin first discovered he could make money writing in sixth grade. His teacher, Mrs. Brannon, occasionally paid students for using unusual words. Mullin's first sale as a writer earned ten cents for one word: tenacious. Since then, Mullin has always been involved with literature. One of his early jobs was shelving books at the central library in Indianapolis. Later, he paid his way through graduate school in part by serving as a reference assistant. He has worked in his mother's business, Kids Ink Children's Bookstore, for more than 20 years, serving at various times as a store manager, buyer, school and library salesperson, and marketing consultant. Mullin wrote his first novel in elementary school -- Captain Poopy's Sewer Adventures. He's been writing more or less nonstop ever since, but fortunately for his readers, Ashfall was his first published novel. He lives in Indianapolis with his wife and her three cats. Visit mikemullinauthor.com for more info.
- Author(s)Mike Mullin
- PublisherTanglewood Press
- Date of Publication30/04/2015
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleAshfall Trilogy
- Place of PublicationTerre Haute, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTanglewood Press
- Weight642 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine43 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Interest AgeFrom 14
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $15.44Trending at AU $16.02
- AU $62.47Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $32.64
- AU $40.77Trending at AU $46.35
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.86
- AU $20.43Trending at AU $28.55
- AU $38.01Trending at AU $44.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.