All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.68
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.65
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.59
- AU $13.84Trending at AU $17.79
- AU $18.22Trending at AU $21.30
About this product
- DescriptionIn western Pennsylvania, prior to the Civil War, conflict is seething beneath the peaceful lives of most people. Slaves are escaping through towns along the Mason-Dixon Line and citizens are being forced to pick a side as the tumult begins. At Fort Bedford, in this work of fiction, the militia prepares for the coming war as the people hope fervently that it can be avoided. Several unpredictable twists show the peace and war are never what they seem to be.
- Author BiographyLaurie Devine has written extensively in different non-fiction genres. For sixteen years, she worked at the Arizona State History and Archives, most recently with historical photographs. She has assisted many people with genealogical research, and has devoted many hours and miles to studying Bedford County, Pennsylvania--her ancestral home. Much of what she learned has been included in this unique tale.
- Author(s)Laurie B Devine
- Date of Publication18/01/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight308 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.