Super Tuesday: Regional Politics & Presidential Primaries by Barbara Norrander (Hardback, 1992)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $65.27Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $52.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSuper Tuesday 1988 was the first successful attempt to get several states in one region to hold their presidential primaries on the same day. Its success--or lack thereof--will affect the way presidents are elected for many years to come. Reaching beyond Super Tuesday and the minations of George Bush and Michael Dukakis, Barbara Norrander's book presents the nation's first regional primary as the latest chapter in the ever-changing system through which U.S. political parties choose their presidential candidates. Norrander's research details how changes in techlogy, candidate and media strategies, and historical circumstances have influenced recent presidential minations and how they set the stages for the South's primary in 1988. Super Tuesday: Regional Politics and Presidential Primaries emerges as an authoritative source t only on Super Tuesday but on many other aspects of presidential minations. This book demonstrates that much of current conventional wisdom about presidential minations is wrong. Norrander traces candidate strategies from 1976 to 1988 and calculates turut rates from 1960 to 1988. She also examines the composition of the Super Tuesday electorate with respect both to preconceived tions of who participates in presidential primaries and to deliberate attempts by the Democratic and Republican parties to manipulate voter turut in the South's regional primary. Her analysis of the timing and process of mination victories from 1976 to 1988 emphasizes the importance of the overlooked role of candidate attrition over candidate momentum. Of special interest to political scientists--and to political observers--concerned with parties, elections, and votingbehavior, Norrander's book will reshape the examination of presidential contests in 1992 and beyond.
- Author BiographyBarbara Norrander is associate professor of political science at the University of Arizona.
- Author(s)Barbara Norrander
- PublisherThe University Press of Kentucky
- Date of Publication29/02/1992
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationLexington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University Press of Kentucky
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight567 g
- Width159 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.34New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.85Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.