Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $23.89Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- Est. delivery by 13 Mar
- AU $32.52+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLike most of the bouncers in town, Bobby Lee was an ageing boxer, but was as tough as they come. He was the muscle on the door at Thommo's, the illegal two-up game held in secrecy in Surry Hills in Sydney's inner city. It was owned by Joe Taylor - 'The Boss', as everyone called him. In May 1951, Bobby Lee was shot five times. He didn't survive. Jack Gibson got his job...'Big Jack' was the original supercoach, but before that he was one of the toughest men in Sydney. It was there for all to see as a brutal front-row forward for Easts, Newtown and Wests during the 1950s and 1960s. As a coach, he was a revolutionary, adopting methods from American football and invating heavily in his own right to win back-to-back premierships with Eastern Suburbs in 1974 and 1975, and then three with Parramatta from 1981 to 1983 - giving the Eels their first ever premiership win...Yet behind his gruff exterior and trademark kangaroo fur coat was a generous and warm family man, whose life was changed forever by the death of his son Luke from a drug overdose...With the cooperation of Jack's family and friends, and unprecedented access to Jack's scrapbooks, journals and private photographs, Andrew Webster has written the definitive account of the 'Coach of the Century', Jack Gibson.
- Author BiographyAndrew Webster is a senior sportswriter at The Daily Telegraph and has been covering rugby league at the highest level for the past 15 years. Supercoach is his first book.
- Author(s)Andrew Webster
- PublisherAllen & Unwin
- Date of Publication01/10/2012
- SubjectBiography: Sport
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2012
- ImprintAllen & Unwin
- Weight334 g
- Width128 mm
- Height198 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.