Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $33.52Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by grey_elk_books_au_and_uk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $10.00+ postage
- Good condition
- Sold by koraleigh
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSuperfoods comprise a specific set of edible, incredibly nutritious plants that cant be entirely classified as foods or medicines, because they combine positive aspects of both. The scientific evidence in this book outlines the discovery that superfoods are an essential part of a balanced diet and allow us to get more nutrition with less eating. Most of us have had the experience of eating all day just to keep our blood sugar up while receiving very little urishment in the process. We also kw that most of the conventional foods and fast foods today are thing but empty calories. Because the nutrients in conventional foods are commonly depleted through processing, we must turn to new possibilities for whole and balanced nutrition.Superfoods represent a uniquely promising piece of the nutrition puzzle, as they are great sources of clean protein, vitamins, minerals, enzymes, antioxidants, good fats and oils, essential fatty and ami acids, and other nutrients. This new overview by bestselling raw food expert David Wolfe gives detailed information on nutritive, sustainable, and delicious superfoods such as goji berries, cacao beans (raw chocolate), maca, spirulina, bee products, hemp seed, and a host of others, along with recipes and suggestions for integrating these magical new foods into a transformative diet and lifestyle.
- Author BiographyDavid Wolfe (b. August 6, 1970) is a rising author, lecturer, and personality in the fields of natural health, beauty, and nutrition. Wolfe was among the first to bring superfoods such as raw and organic cacao (chocolate) beans/nibs, butter, and powder, goji berries, maca extract, and cold-pressed coconut oil into general distribution in North America. The author of bestselling North Atlantic titles on raw food and healthy lifestyles, Wolfe has given over 1,500 health lectures and seminars worldwide and hosts at least six health, fitness, and adventure retreats each year at various centers around the world. Wolfe is the son of two medical doctors, and holds degrees in law, mechanical and environmental engineering, and political science, as well as a master's in living-food nutrition. In keeping with his commitment to a sustainable planet and lifestyle, Wolfe is the founder of the non-profit Fruit Tree Planting Foundation, whose goal is to plant 18 billion fruit trees on planet Earth. David is a health coach to Hollywood producers and celebrities as well as some of the world's leading business people and entrepreneurs. In 2004, Wolfe starred as Avocado in the reality television show Mad Mad House, which aired on the Science Fiction Channel, and since that time he has become an underground celebrity with inspired and informative clips on YouTube.
- Author(s)David Wolfe
- PublisherNorth Atlantic Books,U.S.
- Date of Publication25/04/2009
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Place of PublicationBerkeley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBlue Snake Books
- Content NoteOver 50 full-colour illustrations
- Weight640 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
Most relevant reviews
- gregrewals11 May, 2017by
A must have.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
- wallakia02 Apr, 2012by
The best money you could spend on your body.
David Wolfe IS THE Superfood Guru. Check out his stuff if you want a better body & life :) I am slowly purchasing more and more of his recommendations and my body is changing rapidly. Check out his YouTube videos for some inspiration!
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.12