All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOver 100 delicious recipes for quia, amaranth, buckwheat, brown rice, chia seeds, millet, oats, spelt, kamut, barley, farro and freekah. A fresh look at twelve delicious super-foods (over half of which are gluten free) to add a nutrient-packed punch to your day! No longer being held captive by the health food store, the world is waking up to the unique health benefits of grains. Supergrains includes over 100 delicious recipes. Firstly, you get the lowdown on the nutritional stats for each grain-- for instance, did you kw that chia contains more omega 3 and dietary fibre than any other food found in nature?-- and then 10-12 delicious recipes for each one. All of the grains are ready to buy at your local supermarket--quia, amaranth, buckwheat, brown rice, chia seeds, millet, oats, spelt, kamut and barley--and with the recipes in Supergrai you'll see how easy it is to include them in your everyday diet. The step-by-step and easy-to-follow methods will give you the confidence to cook with these super-foods in fresh and contemporary ways, with dishes such as: Quia with Lamb, Pine Nuts and Currants; Buckwheat Pasta with Pancetta, Broccoli and Chili; and Roasted Nectarines with Barley and Almond Crumble. Six out of ten of these grains are gluten free and many are a complete source of protein, making these recipes perfect for vegans, vegetarians and carnivores alike. Supergrains gives you delicious, healthy meals that your whole family will love.
- Author BiographyCHRISSY FREER is a qualified nutritionalist, food writer and recipe developer who has worked with a host of celebrity chefs, including Bill Granger. She has contributed to more than ten Weight Watchers cookbooks, as well as the Biggest Loser Families Cookbook. She is a regular contributor to an extensive list of publications, including Delicious and Bon Appetit magazines.
- Author(s)Chrissy Freer
- PublisherAppetite by Random House
- Date of Publication24/02/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHealth, Dieting & Wholefood Cookery
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAppetite by Random House
- Weight680 g
- Width203 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.