About this product
- DescriptionCreate your own Superhero character based on your talents and best qualities. This activity book guides you through a step by step process designed to foster out-of-the-box thinking and original ideas. Kids learn what makes a superhero super, then name three things they are good at, and place their talents into The Exaggerator, a magic tool that turns their rmal, positive qualities into Superpowers. Their Superpowers steer the creation of their name, origin story, superspeedmobile, and the design of their unique symbol, calling card, costume, sidekick, and finally, amazing tale of how they saved the day. Superhero Academy is different because Saving the Day is grounded in the real world. Some heros may save the bengal tigers, while others save the beaches, or stop bullies dead in their tracks. Thinking through who and what your superhero will save sparks learning about connections in our world. For example, if you want to save the tigers, must you also protect the jungle they live in? Superhero Academy ignites the heroic imagination of children. Kids build a positive self image in a fun and playful way. Help a child harness their inherent creative genius and use their powers for the good of all!
- Author BiographyJade Raybin, MA, MFA, is a long-time arts educator and curriculum designer who believes in the creative genius in every child. She developed Superhero Academy as part of a week-long summer camp. It was so successful that she decided to make it into a book and share it with the world!
- Author(s)Jade Raybin
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication17/05/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectNovelty & Activity Books
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight104 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Illustrator(s)Gan Golan
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.