All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSuperhydrophobic Surfaces analyzes the fundamental concepts of superhydrophobicity and gives insight into the design of superhydrophobic surfaces. The book serves as a reference for the manufacturing of materials with superior water-repellency, self-cleaning, anti-icing and corrosion resistance. It thoroughly discusses many types of hydrophobic surfaces such as natural superhydrophobic surfaces, superhydrophobic polymers, metallic superhydrophobic surfaces, biological interfaces, and advanced/hybrid superhydrophobic surfaces.
- Author BiographyProfessor Russell Crawford is currently the Dean of the Faculty of Life & Social Sciences at Swinburne University of Technology in Melbourne, Australia. He obtained his MSc from Swinburne in 1987, followed by a PhD from The University of Melbourne in 1995. He is the President of the Australian Council of Deans of Science and is a Fellow of the Royal Austraian Chemical Institute. His research is in the area of surface and colloid science, with his early work focusing on the surface chemistry of mineral flotation and the removal of heavy metals from aqueous environments. His more recent research has investigated the ways in which biological organisms interact with solid substrate surfaces, particularly those used in the construction of medical implants. Professor Elena P. Ivanova received PhD from the Institute of Microbiology and Virology, Ukraine; ScD from the Pacific Institute of Bio-organic Chemistry, RF; JD from the Melbourne University. EI worked at Osaka National Research Institute, AIST (Japan) as a Postdoctoral Fellow; at the Center of Marine Biotechnology, University of Maryland, USA; and joined Swinburne University of Technology, Australia in 2001. Recipient of AIST, JSPS and UNESCO Fellowships; Research Excellence Award Governor of Primorye (RF, 1998), Morrison Rogosa Award, ASM; Prominent Young Doctor of Science Award, RAS, RF; author and co-author of 200+ research papers, patents, books and book chapters. Professional interests are concentrated on development and coordination of research in fundamental and applied fields of Bio/nano/technology.
- Author(s)Elena P. Ivanova,Russell J. Crawford
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication23/02/2015
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight450 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $67.92Trending at AU $111.00
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $42.49
- AU $18.56Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.98
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $51.95Trending at AU $53.03
- AU $22.59Trending at AU $27.63
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.