All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDr. Michael S. Heiser, a Scholar-in-Residence at Faithlife Corporation, presents fifteen years of research on what the Bible really says about the unseen world of the supernatural unfiltered by tradition or by theological presuppositions. People shouldn t be protected from the Bible, Dr. Michael S. Heiser says, but theological systems often do just that, by explaining away difficult or troublesome passages of Scripture because their literal meaning doesn t fit into our tidy systems.Who were the sons of God ? Who were the Nephilim? Where do angels fit into the supernatural hierarchy? Why did God find it necessary to have the Israelites destroy the populations of entire cities man, woman, and child? What relation does Jesus bear to the rest of the supernatural world? Dr. Michael S. Heiser tackles these questions and many more in his books Supernatural and The Unseen Realm.In both books, Dr. Michael S. Heiser shines a light on the supernatural world t a new light, but rather the same light the original, ancient readers and writers of Scripture would have seen it in.After reading these books, you won t be able to read the Bible in the same way again.Supernatural, What the Bible Teaches about the Unseen World and Why it Matters presents this approach to reading and understanding scripture for the person in the pew. The Unseen Realm covers the same material but at a deeper, complex, and highly documented way, for pastors, the seminarian, or serious students of the Bible.
- Author BiographyA scholar in the fields of biblical studies and the ancient Near East, Dr. Michael S. Heiser is the Scholar-in-Residence at Faithlife Corporation, the makers of Logos Bible Software. Dr. Michael S. Heiser studied at Dallas Theological Seminary, has an MA in Ancient History from the University of Pennsylvania and, an MA in Hebrew Studies and a PhD in Hebrew Bible and Semitic Languages from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. He has published widely in scholarly journals and popular periodicals such as Bible Study Magazine.Dr. Michael S. Heiser has taught at the college level for 12 years. He specializes in the Hebrew Bible, Northwest Semitic languages (biblical Hebrew, Biblical Greek, Syriac, Aramaic, Ugaritic, Egyptian, Akkadian, Sumerian, Phoenician, and Moabite), biblical theology, the history and religions of the ancient Near East, and Second Temple Jewish literature.
- Author(s)Dr Michael S Heiser
- PublisherFaithlife Corporation
- Date of Publication21/04/2016
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationBellingham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFaithlife Corporation
- Weight249 g
- Width140 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine13 mm
Most relevant reviews
- kammie41428 Sep, 2016by
I disagree with the author on several points
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.