All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDiscover fun facts about the greatest scientists from history through Basher's fresh and unique illustration style. Did you kw that Marie Curie used to keep radioactive materials in her pockets? Or that Mendeleyev literally dreamed up his famous periodic table? Superstars of Science tells the stories behind the big ideas in the fields of physics, chemistry, medicine, mathematics, cosmology, earth sciences, and engineering. Read about 40 great scientists including Newton and Einstein who produced theories that explained the way in which the Universe works, Crick and Watson who uncovered the structure of DNA, and Alexander Graham Bell who had the big idea that became the telephone. Each one of these greats of science has had some vital flash of insight that has changed the way we see the world and the way we live. Come meet the superstars of science!
- Author BiographyR. G. Grant is the author of Superstars of History and more than 101 other books about history. With more than two millions copies sold around the world and 25 books in print, Basher is the first name in children's science illustration.
- Author(s)R G Grant
- PublisherTurtleback Books
- Date of Publication25/08/2015
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTurtleback Books
- Weight408 g
- Width190 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Illustrator(s)Simon Basher
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.