All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSupervising the Counsellor and Psychotherapist considers how to meet the supervision needs of trainee and experienced counsellors, psychotherapists and other helping professionals using an integrative approach that will appeal to practitioners from a broad range of backgrounds and theoretical persuasions. The book charts the development of the supervisor as he or she moves through making the transition from therapist to supervising the work of others and includes consideration of the advanced competencies required to supervise experienced practitioners. This third edition brings a number of contemporary perspectives to a well-kwn and widely respected core text for the training and development of supervisors. The Cyclical Model at the heart of the book has established its relevance in the UK as one of the best kwn frameworks for teaching and learning the steps and stages of supervision. All chapters in this new edition have been extensively revised and updated, and key elements include: - Two brand new chapters on deepening supervision practice and moving beyond supervising counsellors and psychotherapists - Updates on recent developments in supervision, including research outcomes, the use of techlogy and supervising short-term work - Creativity, play and the use of metaphor and imagery in supervision - Developing the use of self through relational supervision. Supervising the Counsellor and Psychotherapist is a key text for trainee and experienced supervisors of counsellors and psychotherapists, those who train supervisors, and supervisees wishing to better understand the supervisory process.
- Author BiographySteve Page is an experienced counsellor, supervisor, trainer, consultant, manager and coach, and a member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy and the Institute for Leadership and Management. He currently works in independent practice near York and is the author of The Shadow and the Counsellor (Routledge, 1999). His website can be found at www.steve-page-yorks.co.uk. Val Wosket is a former senior lecturer in counselling at York St John University, now working in independent practice. She is a BACP Registered Senior Accredited counsellor, psychotherapist and supervisor, and is a past teaching faculty member of the International Society for the Study of Trauma and Dissociation and a visiting tutor on the supervision training programme at the University of Strathclyde. Her previous publications include The Therapeutic Use of Self (Routledge, 1999) and Egan's Skilled Helper Model (Routledge, 2006).
- Author(s)Steve Page,Val Wosket
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication14/07/2014
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note11 black & white illustrations, 2 black & white tables, 11 black & white line drawings
- Weight430 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $62.69
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
- AU $35.29Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.74
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.