All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionIn Supplements for Endurance Athletes, you can cut through all the hype and find the information you need on 20 top supplements. Find out which supplements to use--and which to avoid--to maximize your advantage. You'll learn what the supplements are, how they work, how to use them, and the precautions necessary for safe and healthy use. Some of the supplements detailed include-branched-chain ami acids, -coenzyme Q10, -carnitine, -glycerol, -glutamine, -caffeine and ephedrine, -ginseng, and-sodium citrate.Whether you're a runner, cyclist, or triathlete, let Supplements for Endurance Athletes cut through all the hype and help you find the performance edge you're looking for.
- Author BiographyJose Antonio, PhD, is a well-published research scientist in the sports nutrition field. He holds a BS in biology from the American University, an MS in exercise physiology from Kent State University, and a PhD in endocrinology and metabolism from the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center. Antonio has years of experience in the supplement industry. His current position is senior manager for category development at Active Nutrition. He has also published articles in Men's Fitness, Flex, and Muscle and Fitness magazines. He and his wife, Karla, live in Deerfield Beach, Florida. Jeffrey R. Stout, PhD, is the director of sport science for Nutricia. Considered one of a few experts in sports nutrition, he is widely published in scientific journals such as the Journal of Strength and Conditioning and has also published articles in Men's Fitness, Flex, and Muscle and Fitness magazines. He has been awarded the Young Investigator Award and the Editorial Excellence Award by the National Strength and Conditioning Association. He resides in Boca Raton, Florida.
- Author(s)Jeffrey R. Stout,Jose Antonio
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication01/09/2002
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationChampaign
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2002
- ImprintHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Out-of-print date31/08/2016
- Content Note20 black & white illustrations, 15 black & white halftones
- Weight227 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 18 To 99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.