All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the most critical issues facing supply chain managers in today's globalized and highly uncertain business environments is how to deal proactively with disruptions that might affect the complicated supply networks characterizing modern enterprises. Supply Chain Disruptions: Theory and Practice of Managing Risk presents a state-of the-art perspective on this particular issue. Supply Chain Disruptions: Theory and Practice of Managing Risk demonstrates that effective management of supply disruptions necessitates both strategic and tactical measures - the former involving optimal design of supply networks; the latter involving inventory, finance and demand management. It shows that managers ought to use all available levers at their disposal throughout the supply network - like sourcing and pricing strategies, providing financial subsidies, encouraging information sharing and incentive alignment between supply chain partners - in order to tackle supply disruptions. The editors combine up-to-date academic research with the latest operational risk management practices used in industry to demonstrate how theoreticians and practitioners can learn from each other. As well as providing a wealth of kwledge for students and professors who are interested in pursuing research or teaching courses in the rapidly growing area of supply chain risk management, Supply Chain Disruptions: Theory and Practice of Managing Risk also acts as a ready reference for practitioners who are interested in understanding the theoretical underpinnings of effective supply disruption management techniques.
- Author BiographyHaresh Gurnani is Leslie O. Barnes Scholar and Professor and Chair of Management Department at the University of Miami, Coral Gables. He has a PhD in Operations Management from Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, USA and his main research interest is in supply chain management at the interface with marketing, economics, and information systems. He is Senior Editor of the journal Production and Operations Management and is currently co-editing a special issue on global supply chain risk. He also serves as Associate Editor at Decision Sciences and previously served as Associate Editor for IIE Transactions. Anuj Mehrotra is Leslie O. Barnes Scholar, Professor of Management Science and Vice Dean of Faculty Affairs and Graduate Business Programs at the School of Business Administration, University of Miami. He was previously Chairman of the Management Science Department. His main research interests are in large scale optimization and interdisciplinary applications. His PhD is in Operations Research and was awarded by the Georgia Institute of Technology. Saibal Ray is an Associate Professor at Desautels Faculty of Management in McGill University, Montreal, Canada. He also holds the Desautels Faculty Chair and Quebec Teaching Chair positions in the faculty. He is Associate Editor for the journals Manufacturing & Service Operations Management and IIE Transactions and is currently co-editing a special issue on global supply chain risk management. His main research interests are supply chain risk management; coordination/competition/pricing issues in supply chains; time-based competition; capacity and inventory management; design of customized supply chains; reverse logistics; and dynamic pricing. He holds a PhD in Applied Operations Research from the University of Waterloo.
- PublisherSpringer London Ltd
- Date of Publication27/09/2011
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationEngland
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpringer London Ltd
- Content Note19 black & white tables, biography
- Weight684 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byAnuj Mehrotra,Haresh Gurnani,Saibal Ray
- Edition Statement2012
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.31New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.31
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.19Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.35Trending at AU $30.17
- AU $3.54Trending at AU $7.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.