All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionThe enterprise-focused framework of supply chain, which an overwhelming majority of books on supply chain management (SCM) have adopted, falls short in explaining recent developments in the real world, especially the so-called Wal-Mart model, in which a 'factory' is a virtual logistics network of multiple international manufacturing firms. The book fills the gap and examines supply chain and transport logistics. The book also includes the development of a unified methodological framework which underpins all the characteristics of the interrelationship between supply chain management and logistics. It covers many aspects of the important and invative developments well. The book offers a unique coverage of integrated logistics of navigation, aviation and transportation. The book t only answers the urgent need for a book on supply chain management and transport logistics but also highlights the central role of supply chain logistics in the emerging fields of sustainable (green), humanitarian and maritime supply chains and the importantance of studying supply chain management together with transport logistics. It also explains the difference between supply chain logistics and manufacturing logistics. It is a useful reference for those in the industry as well as for those taking related courses.
- Author BiographyJohn J. Liu has more than twenty years of extensive teaching, research and consultancy experience in risk and decision analysis of logistics, supply chain and maritime services. He has very distinctive experiences in leading and designing executive development programs for senior executives and professionals. His publications are frequently found in refereed journals such as OR and Management Science, receiving different teaching and research awards. He has served on the Engineering Panel of Research Grant Council, HKSAR (2005-2011). He serves on Advisory Board for Journal of Maritime Policy and Management (2008-2010), and on Human Resource Taskforce of Maritime Industry Council, HKSAR (2006-2010).
- Author(s)John J. Liu
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication07/09/2011
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note167 black & white illustrations, 82 black & white tables, 167 black & white line drawings
- Weight839 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine31 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.