All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSupply Market Intelligence: A Managerial Handbook for Building Sourcing Strategies charts the course to success for executives who are seeking to lead their organizations to supply-chain maturity. This volume is intended for supply-chain executives who struggle with the challenges of an uncertain supply market environment and whose supply chain function is constantly buffeted by unexpected changes in customer requirements and commodity prices. The author offers a more effective path, describing an integrated approach to supply chain management based upon solid market intelligence. This path is derived from the authors' multiple engagements with organizations such as Suncor Energy, Bank of America, Shell Oil, Honda of America, General Motors, Boston Scientific, Visteon, Federal Express, Soco, Duke Energy, Caterpillar, John Deere, GlaxoSmithKline, and many others. He emphasizes that the elements of a successful plan do t arise from a simple vision, instead they require much hard work and a focused approach backed by solid leadership. This book begins by defining supply market intelligence and discussing opportunities, the establishment of a project team, and conducting an internal business intelligence assessment. The book then examines the development of business and market intelligence, supplier evaluations, and sourcing strategies. It also explores how to execute a sourcing strategy, manage a strategic supplier relationship, and redesign an organization for effective supply-chain intelligence and strategic sourcing. This volume offers a benchmarking maturity model tool that covers all facets of end-to-end supply-chain management.
- Author(s)Robert B. Handfield
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication13/01/2006
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleResource Management
- Series Part/Volume Number35
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAuerbach Publishers Inc.
- Content Note88 black & white illustrations, 102 black & white tables
- Weight1065 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine40 mm
- Contained items statementContains 35 Hardbacks
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.