Supporting Behavior for School Success: A Step-by-Step Guide to Key Strategies by Kathleen Lynne Lane, Robin Parks Ennis, Holly Mariah Menzies, Wendy Peia Oakes (Paperback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $39.20Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $45.03Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDesigned for busy teachers and other school-based professionals, this book presents step-by-step guidelines for implementing seven highly effective strategies to improve classroom management and instructional delivery. These key low-intensity strategies are grounded in the principles of positive behavior intervention and support (PBIS), and are easy to integrate into routine teaching practice. Chapters discuss exactly how to use each strategy to decrease disruptive behavior and enhance student engagement and achievement. Checklists for success are provided, together with concise reviews of the evidence base and ways to measure outcomes. Illustrative case examples span the full K-12 grade range. Reproducible intervention tools can be downloaded and printed in a convenient 81/2 x 11 size. See also Managing Challenging Behaviors in Schools, by Kathleen Lynn Lane et al., which shows how these key strategies fit into a broader framework of prevention and intervention.
- Author BiographyKathleen Lynne Lane, PhD, BCBA-D, is Professor in the Department of Special Education at the University of Kansas. Dr. Lane's research interests focus on school-based interventions (academic and behavioral) with students at risk for emotional and behavioral disorders (EBD), with an emphasis on systematic screenings to detect students with behavioral challenges at the earliest possible juncture. She is coeditor of the journal Remedial and Special Education and an associate editor for Journal of Positive Behavior Interventions. Dr. Lane is the coauthor of books including Managing Challenging Behaviors in Schools (with Holly Mariah Menzies, Allison L. Bruhn, and Mary Crnobori,), Developing Schoolwide Programs to Prevent and Manage Problem Behaviors (with Jemma Robertson Kalberg and Holly Mariah Menzies), and Systematic Screenings of Behavior to Support Instruction (with Holly Mariah Menzies, Wendy Peia Oakes, and Jemma Robertson Kalberg). Holly Mariah Menzies, PhD, is Professor in the Charter College of Education at California State University, Los Angeles, and the program coordinator in mild-moderate disabilities in the Division of Special Education and Counseling. Her scholarly interests focus on inclusive education and school-based interventions. She serves as an associate editor for Remedial and Special Education. Robin Parks Ennis, PhD, BCBA-D, is Assistant Professor in the Eugene T. Moore School of Education at Clemson University. Dr. Ennis worked as a special education high school teacher in both resource and inclusive settings for several years. Her research interests and numerous publications are in the areas of positive behavioral interventions and supports, instructional strategies, and students with EBD. Wendy Peia Oakes, PhD, is Assistant Professor in the Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College at Arizona State University. Her scholarly interests include practices that improve educational outcomes for young children with EBD, including comprehensive, integrated, three-tiered models; the implementation of evidence-based academic and behavioral interventions; and professional learning for preservice and inservice educators in implementing evidence-based practices with fidelity. Dr. Oakes is an associate editor for Remedial and Special Education and Journal of Positive Behavior Interventions. She serves on the executive boards of the Council for Exceptional Children--Division for Research and the Council for Children with Behavioral Disorders.
- Author(s)Holly Mariah Menzies,Kathleen Lynne Lane,Robin Parks Ennis,Wendy Peia Oakes
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication14/08/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Weight456 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.