Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $46.68
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $23.77Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $52.91
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $32.10Trending at AU $44.92
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
About this product
- DescriptionBeing able to read is one of the most important skills in life and something we all want our children to achieve - for learning and for pleasure. Supporting Children's Reading gives you the understanding you need of the reading process to ensure that children are effectively supported in their reading journeys. This practical programme draws on the authors' wealth of experience in delivering this kind of training and is an invaluable point of reference for anyone working with children to improve their reading. With links to downloadable online resources, it provides everything you need to deliver a bespoke training course tailored to meet your particular audience, including: * succinct and clear explanations of how reading works * time-saving resources such as photocopiable handouts and professionally designed visual display screens * advice on helping children to improve both their decoding and comprehension skills * guidance on strategies for helping a child deal with a problem word. Supporting Children's Reading is an accessible, ready-to-use resource to support teachers working with teaching assistants, volunteer 'Reading Buddies' and parents, to provide training on how to share books and listen to readers effectively. It will be especially useful for adults working with children who, for whatever reason, need extra support in developing reading skills.
- Author BiographyMargaret Hughes taught for many years in a variety of mainstream and special, primary and secondary schools, later joining Warwickshire's reading support service. She is co-author of the widely used spelling program, Starspell. Peter Guppy was involved with Warwickshire's reading support service for over 25 years, and is the author of the Survival series for secondary age learner readers.
- Author(s)Margaret Hughes,Peter Guppy
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication04/03/2010
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleDavid Fulton / Nasen
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note79 black & white illustrations, 8 black & white tables
- Weight476 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.