All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom time to time all families face predicaments, and use their own resources to overcome them. However, sometimes these resources are insufficient, or the difficulties faced completely overwhelming; in these instances, outside help is required to prevent the situation from deteriorating. This important text argues for an inclusive, interpersonal approach to helping families: one that takes the focus away from the individual and towards a collaborative method of support, involving each member of the family as well as other professionals working with them. Through the use of richly detailed practice examples and case studies, this comprehensive book clearly and succinctly examines the kwledge, skills and attitude that social workers require in order to engage with and help families experiencing strain in a multitude of different situations. Taking a strongly ecological stance, it outlines the variety of external stressors that can push families into difficulty and provides a thorough examination of the ways in which social workers can understand, help and support them. Concise and accessible, Supporting Families is an essential sourcebook for students interested in working with families, as well as practitioners seeking a fresh source of reference.
- Author BiographyTerrence O'Sullivan is an experienced practitioner, academic and researcher in the field of social work. He is the author of Decision Making in Social Work, as well as numerous journal articles on social work theory and practice. He has worked with families throughout his career and, at present, is a Visiting Fellow at the University of Lincoln, UK.
- Author(s)Terence O'Sullivan
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication24/06/2016
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitlePractical Social Work Series
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note12 diagrames, 1 black & white tables
- Weight285 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.