All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionPeople receiving care in residential services or their own homes can become very isolated. This workbook will equip social care staff with the kwledge and skills to understand what friendships and relationships mean to service users' health and well being. Supporting Relationships and Friendships looks at how to assess social skills and the qualities needed in a friend. Sharing interests can provide companionship and promote self-esteem, but some relationships and friendships can become negative or burdensome, and this book offers useful guidance on supporting service users in managing these relationships. The book is appropriate for all staff supporting people with mental health needs, people with a learning or physical disability, older people and people with dementia. This workbook is a valuable source of guidance for any social care worker keen to improve their practice, and represents a cost-effective way for managers or trainers in residential and domiciliary settings to train staff. The Kwledge and Skills for Social Care Workers Series features accessible and interactive open learning workbooks which tackle a range of key subjects relevant to people working with adults in residential or domiciliary settings. Topics covered in this series include how social care workers can communicate effectively, health and safety, safeguarding adults from harm and abuse and supporting relationships and friendships.
- Author BiographySuzan Collins is a trainer and consultant in management and social care, and was registered manager with the Commission for Social Care Inspection (CSCI), now called Care Quality Commission (CQC). She delivers training throughout the UK to service users, support staff, managers and HR staff in the NHS, statutory, private and voluntary sectors. She also assesses and internally verifies NVQs in Health and Social Care and Management and the Learning and Development awards, as well as being an active marker, verifier and consultant for the Learning Disability Induction Award programme. For more information go to www.suzancollins.com.
- Author(s)Suzan Collins
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication15/06/2010
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleKnowledge and Skills for Social Care Workers
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight204 g
- Width173 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.