All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
About this product
- DescriptionThis highly practical book focuses on the teaching and learning of students with dyslexia in the context of the mainstream secondary curriculum, and provides practical guidance for school managers and subject teachers by highlighting the barriers to learning experienced by dyslexic learners in today's curriculum. Full of advice for removing - or minimising - these barriers, this book is packed full of strategies for supporting learning and raising the attainment of students with dyslexia. Teachers of students aged 11 - 19 will find valuable information on: * how dyslexia affects dyslexic learners' access to and progress in the subject curriculum * how secondary teachers can identify possible barriers to learning in their subject delivery * the development and provision of appropriate support strategies for meeting the needs of dyslexic students * good practice in the identification and assessment of dyslexia that may be masked by high ability or divergent behaviour. The use of case studies helpfully highlights the impact of dyslexia on students as they transfer to secondary school. They illustrate how and why this condition may be mistaken for behavioural - or other - difficulties, consider whole-school issues and relate throughout the book to a practical framework of proven support strategies.
- Author BiographyMoira Thomson was formerly Principal Teacher of Support for Learning at Broughton High School, Edinburgh, and a Development Officer for the City of Edinburgh Department of Children and Families. She is currently an educational consultant, providing Continuing Professional Development for teachers and volunteers in an advisory capacity to local dyslexia organisations and parent groups.
- Author(s)Moira Thomson
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication19/09/2008
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note2 black & white tables
- Weight453 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.