CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $27.28
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $2.99Trending at AU $5.64
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.45
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $31.21
- AU $21.44Trending at AU $27.17
- AU $23.02Trending at AU $23.48
About this product
- DescriptionThis series, like Supporting Literacy, builds on Andres Brodie's aptitude for making things really straightforward for less able pupils. Teachers need materials that are suitable for the increasing number of lower ability children in the mainstream classroom. These children who need 'additional' or 'different' help (roughly one in six children fall into this category), are often supervised by classroom assistants. National Test results indicate that children, especially boys, are struggling with their writing. 'One in five children who enter secondary school are officially behind in reading and writing.' Inspectors also reported on the continuing gap between girls and boys, which they say is particularly prounced in writing. All activities are linked to the new Literacy framework through a process of 'tracking back' and are intended to help lower ability pupils make progress in order to catch up with their year group. Each learning objective is addressed by one or more pages and each page will include tes for teachers enabling anyone using the sheet to see its purpose immediately. Recording and monitoring pupil's progress are integral to all books.
- Author BiographyAndrew Brodie was a head teacher for twelve years after many successful years in the primary classroom. He began writing his best-selling educational books in 1992 and since then has established himself as a name that teachers have come to trust. He is still very much involved in education and continues to teach on a regular basis. Judy Richardson has extensive experience as a writer of educational materials, including Assembly Today. She was a full time teacher for many years and rose to become deputy head of a Norfolk First School. Jan Brodie, series consultant, is currently a special needs coordinator in a Somerset Primary School. She has vast experience and a range of qualifications in special needs teaching.
- Author(s)Andrew Brodie,Judy Richardson
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication30/05/2007
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Literature, Arts & Humanities
- Series TitleSupporting Writing Skills
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAndrew Brodie Publications
- Out-of-print date10/03/2017
- Content NoteBlack and white line
- Weight278 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.