All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAfter taking a bullet for his commander-in-chief, Secret Service agent Joseph Reeder is a hero. But his outspoken criticism of the president he saved-who had stacked the Supreme Court with hard-right justices to overturn Roe v. Wade, amp up the Patriot Act, and shred the First Amendment-put Reeder at odds with the Service's apolitical nature, making him an outcast. FBI agent Patti Rogers finds herself paired with the unpopular former agent on a task force investigating the killing of Supreme Court Justice Henry Venter. Reeder-nicknamed Peep for his unparalleled skills at reading body language-makes a startling discovery while reviewing a security tape: the shooting was premeditated, t a botched robbery. Even more chilling, the controversial Venter may t be the only justice targeted for death...Is a mastermind mounting an unprecedented judicial coup aimed at replacing ultra-conservative justices with a new liberal majority? To crack the conspiracy and save the lives of t just the justices but also Reeder's own family, rising star Rogers and legendary investigator Reeder must push their skills-and themselves-to the limit.
- Author BiographyMax Allan Collins has earned fifteen Private Eye Writers of America Shamus nominations, winning for his Nathan Heller novels, True Detective and Stolen Away, and receiving the PWA life achievement award, the Eye. His graphic novel, Road to Perdition, the basis for the Academy Award-winning film starring Tom Hanks, was followed by two novels, Road to Purgatory and Road to Paradise. His suspense series include Quarry, Nolan, Mallory, and Eliot Ness, and his numerous comics credits include the syndicated Dick Tracy and his own Ms. Tree. He has written and directed four feature films and two documentaries. His other produced screenplays include The Expert, an HBO World Premiere, and The Last Lullaby. His coffee-table book The History of Mystery received nominations for every major mystery award and Men's Adventure Magazines won the Anthony. Collins lives in Muscatine, Iowa, with his wife, writer Barbara Collins. They have collaborated on seven novels and are currently writing the Trash 'n' Treasures mysteries.
- Author(s)Max Allan Collins
- PublisherAmazon Publishing
- Date of Publication01/07/2014
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationSeattle
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThomas & Mercer
- Weight386 g
- Width137 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.03
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.20Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $21.55Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $22.15Trending at AU $23.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.