Surface Chemistry of Surfactants and Polymers by Krister Holmberg, Bjorn Lindman, Bengt Kronberg (Hardback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $130.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $231.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book gives the reader an introduction to the field of surfactants in solution as well as polymers in solution. Starting with an introduction to surfactants the book then discusses their environmental and health aspects. Chapter 3 looks at fundamental forces in surface and colloid chemistry. Chapter 4 covers self-assembly and 5 phase diagrams. Chapter 6 reviews advanced self-assembly while chapter 7 looks at complex behaviour. Chapters 8 to 10 cover polymer adsorption at solid surfaces, polymers in solution and surface active polymers, respectively. Chapters 11 and 12 discuss adsorption and surface and interfacial tension, while Chapters 13- 16 deal with mixed surfactant systems. Chapter 17, 18 and 19 address microemulsions, colloidal stability and the rheology of polymer and surfactant solutions. Wetting and wetting agents, hydrophobization and hydrophobizing agents, solid dispersions, surfactant assemblies, foaming, emulsions and emulsifiers and microemulsions for soil and oil removal complete the coverage in chapters 20-25.
- Author BiographyKrister Holmberg is Professor of Surface Chemistry and Director of Materials Science Area of Advance at Chalmers University of Technology in Goteborg (Sweden). He was awarded a PhD at Chalmers University and after gaining his doctorate, he worked as a researcher at a number of Swedish chemical companies. From 1991 to 1997 he was head of the Surface Chemistry Institute, Stockholm (Sweden). He was also adjunct professor at Goteborg University in Biotechnical Surface Chemistry and at the Royal Institute of Technology in Technical Surface and Colloid Chemistry. Professor Holmberg's current research interests include novel surfactants, organic and bioorganic reactions in organized media such as microemulsions and suspensions of mesoporous materials, and controlled delivery of active substances. Professor Bengt Kronberg is a Senior Research Fellow and Course Director at SP Technical Research Institute of Sweden. He has a long experience in teaching fundamental and applied aspects of surface chemistry. He has published over 80 papers in the field and is a co-author of the book Surfactants and Polymers in Aqueous Solution . Professor Kronberg supervises research in the fields of microemulsions, adsorption of surfactants and polymers, fuel formulations, and polymeric networks. Professor Bjorn Lindman is senior scientist at the Department of Physical Chemistry, University of Lund, Sweden and Visiting Professor at School of Materials Science & Engineering at Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. He has published more than 600 papers, and co-authored three books and edited more than ten books in the field of surface and colloid chemistry. Furthermore he is a well-known lecturer and consultant worldwide. Professor Lindman's current research projects include: DNA gel particles and cross-linked DNA gels, Controlling the phase behavior of polyion-surfactant ion complex salts by cyclodextrins and associative effects of polyacrylates in surfactant systems.
- Author(s)Bengt Kronberg,Bjorn Lindman,Krister Holmberg
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication12/12/2014
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight872 g
- Width176 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine29 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.78
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.86
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.89
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.38
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.38
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.