All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the reviews of the First Edition: The book has admirably met its stated goal. The whole gamut of surface and colloid science has been presented in a comprehensive manner without any undue oversimplification. The author should be congratulated for his clarity. -Advanced Materials Now in its second edition, this work remains the single most useful introduction available to the complex area of surface and colloids science. Industry expert Drew Myers walks readers through concepts, theories, and applications-keeping the mathematics to a minimum and presenting real-world case studies to illustrate key techlogical and biological processes. He substantially reorganizes and updates the material to reflect the current state of kwledge in the field, offering new chapters on absorption and biological systems in addition to the important areas of colloid stability, emulsions and foams, molayer films, surfactants, and wetting. This revision also boasts an improved index, more than 200 new line drawings, general and specific chapter bibliographies, and end-of-chapter problems. Geared to scientists, techlogists, and students dealing with colloidal and surface systems and their numerous industrial applications, the book imparts an understanding of the fundamental aspects of surfaces, interfaces, and colloids, which is essential for effective solutions in diverse areas of chemistry, physics, biology, medicine, engineering, and material sciences.
- Author BiographyDREW MYERS is a consultant in surface and colloid science. He is based in Cordoba, Argentina.
- Author(s)Drew Myers
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication22/06/1999
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Note200 line drawings, index
- Weight890 g
- Width166 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.