All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.68
- AU $73.18Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $27.07Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $44.26Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.44
- AU $45.19Trending at AU $46.03
- AU $20.59Trending at AU $22.70
About this product
- DescriptionDavid Walker is a quiet, retiring kind of man in a dead-end job, married to the same woman for over twenty years. And he wouldn't change a thing. As a teenager he spent three years on the Mediterranean island of Cyprus--the three best years of his life. It is a part of his past that he retreats to frequently, whenever life becomes too overwhelming for him to handle. Now, events at work are encouraging him to escape even more into his past. With the aid of the Internet he expects t only to relive his youth in Cyprus, but also locate those friends he hasn't seen in thirty years. Instead, he finds people who don't kw him and whose memories of that time and place are completely at odds with his own. As his fixation with the past takes root, he becomes blind to the growing problems that surround him. What started as an escape from reality becomes an overriding obsession that threatens his livelihood, his marriage and even his life. With a wry sense of humor and a gift for detail, D.R. Moody has captured the atmosphere and beauty of the Cyprus he inhabited in his youth as well as the risks of dwelling too heavily in the past.
- Author BiographyD.R. Moody spent his childhood traveling and living around the world with his family while his dad was in the RAF. He continues to travel extensively and resides permanently in New Jersey with his wife and two daughters. He has recently published 'A Small Collection Of Short Stories'. This aptly titled book includes stories that range from the sublime to the ridiculous, from the tearjerker to the cry-out-loud hilarious. It reached #4 on the Amazon best-seller list. His debut novel, Surfing Cyprus, takes place in Cyprus where he lived for several years as a teenager.
- Author(s)D R Moody
- Date of Publication25/11/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight327 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.