All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
About this product
- DescriptionThis text provides a practical guide for the diagstic surgical pathologist in evaluating tumors involving the liver. It comprehensively covers the histological findings and key clinical and molecular correlates of liver tumors. The focus is on material that is most relevant to the actual practice of liver pathology including those aspects that are directly relevant to the diagsis, subtyping and progstication of hepatic ademas specimens, including biopsy specimens and surgical resections. The book will teach pathologists how to avoid common diagstic pitfalls. Each chapter uses or discusses the menclature and classification system of liver tumors as per the current WHO classification of liver tumors. Each chapter fully incorporates the most up to date diagstic methodologies, including immuhistochemistry and molecular methods. Referencing is succinct and references were carefully chosen for their key role as the primary sources of information on a given disease. The text is richly illustrated with beautiful color images that highlight t just the average histological findings for a given entity, but also fully illustrate all of the key histological variability. Gross images are also included to highlight important diagstic features. Tables are used judiciously to present summary information that allows a quick review on how similar entities compare and contrast. In addition, the clinical significance of various diseases will be discussed in a focused fashion that highlights how pathology information is being used to make key clinical management decisions. Each chapter is written by experts in hepatopathology, all from the Mayo Clinic Departments of Pathology. Surgical Pathology of Liver Tumors will be of great utility to surgical pathologists and surgical pathologists in training as well as clinicians involved in the care of patients with liver tumors, particularly hepatologists and oncologists.
- Author BiographyTaofic Mounajjed, MD, Assistant Professor of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine; Consultant, Mayo Clinic, Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Division of Anatomic Pathology, Rochester, MN, USA Vishal S. Chandan, MD, Assistant Professor of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine; Consultant, Mayo Clinic, Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Division of Anatomic Pathology, Rochester, MN, USA Michael S. Torbenson, MD, Professor of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine; Senior Associate Consultant, Mayo Clinic, Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Division of Anatomic Pathology, Rochester, MN, USA.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication27/07/2015
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note620 black & white illustrations, 28 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1270 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Edited byMichael Torbenson,Taofic Mounajjed,Vishal S. Chandan
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.