Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThis new edition presents information and kwledge on the field of biomedical devices and surgical tools. The authors look at the interactions between natechlogy, namaterials, design, modeling, and tools for surgical and dental applications, as well as how nastructured surfaces can be created for the purposes of improving cell adhesion between medical devices and the human body. Each original chapter is revised in this second edition and describes developments in coatings for heart valves, stents, hip and knee joints, cardiovascular devices, orthodontic applications, and regenerative materials such as bone substitutes. There are also 8 new chapters that address:* Microvascular anastomoses* Inhaler devices used for pulmonary delivery of medical aerosols* Surface modification of interference screws* Biomechanics of the mandible (a detailed case study)* Safety and medical devices* The synthesis of nastructured material* Delivery of anticancer molecules using carbon natubes* Na and micro coatings for medical devicesThis book is appropriate for engineers, material scientists, chemists, physicists, biologists, medical and dental professionals with an interest in biomedical devices and tools, and researchers in the same fields.
- Author BiographyProfessor Waqar Ahmed is Professor of Nanotechnology and Advanced Materials in the School of Electrical and Mechanical Engineering at the University of Ulster. He has published over 300 papers, and has authored or co-authored 6 book chapters. Mark J. Jackson is the McCune and Middlekauff Foundation Endowed Faculty Fellow and Academic Department Head at Kansas State University. He has authored and coauthored over 250 publications in archived journals and refereed conference proceedings, and has written and edited books in the area of nanotechnology and manufacturing.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication21/05/2016
- SubjectSurgery: Professional
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note213 black & white illustrations, 156 colour illustrations, 141 colour tables, biography
- Weight1226 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edited byDr. Mark J. Jackson,Professor Waqar Ahmed
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.